Have you met Maria? The newest addition to the Eastern Conveyancing team, we thought it was time to get to know her a bit better!
- How long have you been working in conveyancing?
I started working in conveyancing in 2014.
- What do you love about working at Eastern Conveyancing?
Although I have not been working at Eastern Conveyancing for very long, I can honestly say that I am truly blessed to have been offered a job here. No day is the same – and I love that! Every file needs to be treated differently. Furthermore, I have a great boss. My boss Sue Andriani has been working in the field for many years and she brings a wealth of knowledge to conveyancing. I have learnt a lot from her in the short time and I look forward to continuing to learn through her.
- What made you decide to get into conveyancing?
Whilst I was at university, I was always intrigued by the property market. So, after finishing my degree in Business Commercial Law, I went to further my studies and started a certificate in conveyancing at TAFE. I love the diversity this field brings because no file is the same. Conveyancing is quite an involved field in which you need to be on top of any changes in property law and you must have a great eye for detail.
- How do you explain what you do to people that have no idea what conveyancing is?
I tell people who don’t really understand what conveyancing is that ‘conveyancing is all the behind-the-scenes process that is required to legally transfer the ownership of property from one person to another. We liaise with other conveyancers, brokers, lawyers and banks to make the transfer possible.
- What are your predictions for the property market for the second half of 2021?
Providing that the interest rates stay low, and confidence is up, I believe the current market will remain unchanged.
- How would you describe yourself in three words?
Reliable, professional, honest.
- How do you like to spend your time off?
I tend to live a very active lifestyle. SO, on my time off I love taking my boys for a bike ride down the breach of park. My boys love bugs so we love spending time outside in the garden exploring. I also love staying fit so if there is ever some free time I love going to the gym.
- What’s your favourite movie or TV show?
My favourite movie is ‘Coming to America’ and TV show is ‘Seinfeld’.
- What’s your favourite food?
I love Latin cuisine and Greek cuisine. I am from El Salvador and my husband is Greek so I am very lucky to be surrounded by good food all the time.
- What would be the first thing you’d do if you won the lottery?
To win the lottery would be a blessing, one that I would make sure is spent thoughtfully. I would make sure my family are all taken care of.
- Sweet or savoury?
- Dogs or cats?
- Tea or coffee?
- Morning person or night owl?
- Pineapple on pizza – yes or no?
- Summer or winter?